Moms are not only responsible for over 80% of consumer spending, but they are also starting new businesses at a faster rate than any other group.
- Women-owned business increased by over 20% from 2002 to 2007. Men-owned businesses increased by only 5%. (Source: http://nawbo.org/content_11800.cfm)
- As of 2007, Women-owned firms employed 7.6 million persons (6.4 percent of total employment) and generated $1.2 trillion in receipts (3.9 percent of all receipts). (Source: http://www.census.gov/econ/sbo/get07sof.html?12)
Ways to Support Moms and get Support
- Buy products by Moms, for Moms or list yours
- Seek out Mom-owned local businesses or list yours
- Support Mom bloggers or learn how you can monetize your mom blog
- Contribute to mom charities or share one.
A Note from the Founder
Welcome! Over the past couple of years, I’ve had the honor of getting to know hundreds of mom business owners across the country.
One group I’ve spent a lot of time with are inventors and entrepreneurs. They’ve worked hard to bring their ideas to life — designing products, learning about manufacturing, funding their businesses, creating packaging, and discovering new sales and marketing strategies. The biggest hurdle for most has been getting their products into stores. With retail chains seeking to limit the number of vendors they work with, while focusing on big brands and store labels, it’s a tough journey for entrepreneurs.
We are working to change that by bringing these brilliant products directly to moms all over the country. Through our Mompact Direct Sale Program. You can shop the products here, or learn about the business opportunity of selling these products.
Our common goals are simple: to have a good time, do something we believe in, and to help support our families and other moms on the same journey. We hope you’ll join us.
Founder & CEO